The MWS-CAS-3A/B Micro-Robo is a microwave range finder specifically for use on overhead cranes as a crash avoidance sensor. The sensor and reflector are installed face-to-face on adjacent overhead cranes running on the same rails. When one crane enters the preset slowing or stopping distances, the sensor will output a signal for the crane to either slow down or stop.
Operating Principle:Microwave Rangefinder
- Distance-measurement type, two outputs. The distance adjustment is simple because the sensor measures distance and outputs a signal to either slow down or stop the crane.
- Analog output The measured distance is output as an analog current.
- Unaffected by adverse environments Microwaves are generally unaffected by environmental conditions, thus this sensor is unaffected by rain, wind, snow, frost, heavy dust, smoke or vapor.
- No beam slippage Beam adjustment is easy because the beam is conical-shaped and there will be no errors caused by slipping of the beam.
- No set-to-set interference This permits use of multiple Micro-Robos in close proximity to each other.
- Enclosure rating IP65 equivalent
- New economical type
For use on overhead cranes as a crash avoidance sensor.
- Power supply AC100~120V or AC200~240V±10% 50/60Hz
- Power consumption 10VA
- Operating range 1.5m to 50m
- Frequency & transmission power 24GHz approx. Less than 10mW